Thursday, March 09, 2006

more of Elliptical Shores

I have decided to post more of my story, Elliptical Shores, partly because I haven’t posted anything in awhile. I intend to make additional postings when I have additional material on the story.



Elliptical Shores



Opening


Yes, he thought he knew a Rebekah once. But was that years ago, or minutes ago? One thing he did know, here time did nothing but go by. Not fast, not slow, it just went by, with nothing to show that it was inherently meaningful, or anything out of the ordinary. But, She had her forever dream. The phrase haunted, and in this haunting he could take solace.


Section 2


The art of listening is not lost among any of the fine people living here. Indeed, to listen is to live in this place. Ah, but what, and in some cases who, do they listen to? For me, it is the night that speaks, and it is the night that awaits my answers. I try to give it justice, what it and I deserve. You see, it’s part of the game I play, the game that I’ve learned to play so well.

What amuses me is there are those who think I belong here. I am, of course, quite willing to let them believe that. I take my victories when I can, and I’ll tell you it is a pleasure to fool my captors. It is a consequence of my musings that I feel at home in this place – and quite interesting, really.


High Tides and Low Seas


It is now your turn to listen, for I do not wish to waste these words on those who would trivialize my intent, which is only to offer evidence of my frailties. In telling this, I hope to give you justification for your mission, and to give myself a few smiles. The irrelevancy of what you may think of me no doubt is upsetting to you, because you see your mission as a great one, but you see I don’t want you to suffer from any delusions. I get so tried of you wanting to understand me, to figure me out. Why do you persist so? If you will allow me, I might help you to find an answer. But you have to listen, and listen with care. That’s all that’s left for you.

No comments:

 
Ctrl-v